Thursday, November 19, 2009

What will happen if evil disappears from the world

The other day when I went for evening walk I saw the security guard at the VNIT carrying a 'danda'. I jokingly asked what is the need for 'danda'? He replied that although many people come for walk and peacefully go away there are some miscreants creating scenes and troubles inside the campus and he has to show them 'danda' to scare them away. He looked unhappy with the new situation.

After I walked further I started pondering on the words of the SG and realised that the very existence of a Security Guard depends on the evil. If there is no fear of any kind why would there be a Security Guard. My chain of thoughts took me further and I realised that many people will be out of their jobs if evil suddenly disappears. There will be no need for armies, police, arms, ammunition or even doors and locks. What people will need is just to keep safe from the natural calamities or vagaries of nature.

There are so many viruses and therefore the anti-viruses in biological sense as well as the software stuff. But I cannot imagine life without evil. First thing is the virtuous people will suddenly lose their importance. Honesty will no longer be a virtue as everyone will be honest and truthful. No one will be greedy and people will not bother to amass wealth. And there would be little cause left in the life except realization of self.

The world will no longer be place of amusement. The life drama needs very much evil as it needs good. A hero is of no use if there is no strong villain in a movie. So to keep the drama of life interesting the god has created good and evil together and gave the man choice. This way the show goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment